$90,000/Year - Full-Time
Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for Architecture? Are you an energetic individual with people smarts, top-notch design skills and a sense of humor?
Architect One continues to expand our opportunities to provide unique and creative designs, and manage building projects with our clients. We are accepting applications for our Project Architect position, effective immediately. Professionally licensed Architects interested in this opportunity should apply today.
Architect One is committed to community as much as we are craft. Our employees come to work each day to be a part of a team who pushes one another and supports one another. We are small enough to enable efficient communication and free-flow of ideas, but large enough to build and do great things. We are a professional Architectural design firm with a fun, team-oriented environment. We have offices in Downtown Manhattan, Kansas and Downtown Topeka, Kansas.
Our ideal candidate enjoys listening and understanding the design challenges of clients, and working with a team to develop creative and effective solutions that inspire them. We are a close-knit group looking for the right person to complement our team. Applicants must have a strong capacity to handle people and tasks always with a proactive, driven approach. Because our environment is fast-paced and we are a small, innovative and growing company, all our team members demonstrate the ability to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
We desire a candidate who anticipates needs of clients and team and is courteous and professional. Our candidate is modest and loyal but possesses an outstanding skill set and impressive history of work, which supports our current job description, and is confident in their abilities. Our candidate wants a long-term home and team to join, and genuinely cares for our business and team, demonstrating this by having an exceptional work ethic and approaching all their work and duties with integrity and focus.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited Architecture Program
- Professionally Licensed in KS or other state with NCARB accreditation requirements
- 5+ years of Project Management Experience
- 5+ years of Construction Administration Experience
- Revit and AutoCAD (REVIT is a priority)
- BIM software experience and application
- Construction technology proficiency
- 3D Rendering skills (3D Studio Max / Sketchup / Revit )
- Proven skills in architectural/building design
- Construction documentation experience
- Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for community engagement
- Responsibilities and Duties
Project Architects are professional-licensed and will be expected to perform the following with proficiency:
- Engage clients to create design and planning solutions to meet specifications
- Create and propose project budget and schedule estimations
- Organize and schedule project team staffing for project delivery and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of Building Systems Design
- Coordination of Engineering Consultants
- Construction Document & Specification production
- Administer contractual oversight of construction of project
This position for Project Architect is a professionally-licensed staff level position. Candidates who qualify for this position will have graduated from an accredited Architecture college in the United States and are currently licensed and in professional good standing. If not currently licensed in Kansas, the candidate will meet the immediate requirements for reciprocity licensing in Kansas, or other states where work may be performed. Candidates with 10+ years of Project Management experience may qualify for a Senior Project Manager status subject to experience and other qualifications.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Medical (Currently in process/implementation is imminent)